“She is seen as the world’s most glamorous champion of “eco style” and has been dubbed “the queen of the green carpet”. Groskop 2011
Livia Firth is a pioneering figure in the sustainable fashion world and one to watch in 2012, read more for my views on Livia!
Firth, 42, is wife of British actor Colin Firth. She has a Vogue blog and is campaigning for ‘The Green Carpet Challenge’ which encourages designers and celebrities to embrace ethical fashion and upcycling.
In my opinion, the industry are desperate for more figures like Livia to make sustainable fashion seem ‘cool’. If consumers are watching the Golden Globes and seeing thier favorite idols rocking vintage suits and dresses made from recycled bottles, they are 100% more likely to actively seek ehtical fashion for themselves.
Keep up-to-date with Livia’s life and green ambitions on her blog… http://www.vogue.co.uk/blogs/livia-firth?page=2
- How Armani Created Livia Firth’s Green Carpet Dress (ecorazzi.com)
- Livia Firth Greens The Red Carpet At The Golden Globes (huffingtonpost.ca)
- Livia Firth kicks off her 2012 Green Carpet Challenge at the Golden Globes in Giorgio Armani (fashion.telegraph.co.uk)
- Green Carpet Challenge: Golden Globes (greenhouseoffashion.com)
- Livia Firth’s Green Carpet Challenge (runwayrambles.wordpress.com)
- Firth’s wife to dress green for awards season (hollywood.com)
- Vogue Editor Urges Red Carpet Fashion to Go Green (ecorazzi.com)
- Golden Globes Fashion: Livia Firth in Eco-Friendly Armani (ecorazzi.com)